Course Description Canaan Valley Half Marathon, 10k and 5k
Canaan Valley Half Marathon and 10k Course Description
The course has changed dramatically and will now be a looped course on the back half of Canaan Valley State Park. the 10k will do one loop and the Half Marathon participants will do 2 loops. We will start and finish behind the Canaan Valley Resort. The course will utilize much more of the golf course which is an absolutely beautiful run! Please see the map below and I will have more information on the course soon. It was impossible with Social Distancing guidelines, and traffic control to have a larger course logistically it just would not work.
Our New Course is beautiful and scenic, yet breathtaking views, and challenging yet inspiring rolling hills.
1. The 2nd Annual Canaan Valley Half Marathon & 10k on April 26, 2020, will start at the base of the Canaan Valley Ski Resort. Runners will head down Slope Road towards Rt. 32 for approximately 1/2 mile.
2. Once runners reach Rt. 32 they will take a right and head North on Rt. 32 for approximately 2 3/4 miles before turning around and heading South on Rt 32.
3. Runners will head south for approximately 1 1/4 miles before turning Right onto Canaan Valley Maintenance Road.
4. Canaan Valley Maintenance Road is a gravel road, which runners will continue you on for approximately 300 yards before merging onto a paved golf cart path.
5. Runners will continue on the golf cart path for 1 mile through the beautiful Canaan Valley Resort Golf Course until they merge onto Main Park Road inside Canaan Valley State Park.
6. After approximately 1.2 Miles on Main Park Road, 10k will take a Left towards the finish line and Half Marathon participants will continue through the park.
7. Half Marathon Participants will run the remainder of the race inside the beautiful Canaan Valley State meandering their way through Park and turning around at approximately 10 miles and returning to the finish line.
Half Marathon Course will have approximately 940 Elevation gain.
10k Course will have approximately 400ft.
There will be a shuttle service to take runners, their family members, and support crew back to the parking area and starting line after the race.
Canaan Valley 5k Course Map Description
We are currently working on finalizing the route for the Canaan Valley 5k on Saturday April 25, 2020. Stay tuned we should have the course map up by early mid December.